Ruben P. Ruiz is the founder of the Law Offices of Ruben P. Ruiz PC. He started the firm to provide boutique litigation services to entrepreneurs, emerging growth, and middle market companies in the Silicon Valley and greater Bay Area. He represents clients in multiple industries solving complex litigation matters.
Mr. Ruiz has extensive experience in business and commercial litigation, and has represented clients in multimillion-dollar cases involving breach of commercial contracts and leases, breach of promissory notes, securities and investor fraud, shareholder and ownership disputes in close corporations, and land development. He also represents clients in trademark disputes and soft IP matters.
Mr. Ruiz has worked with domestic and foreign clients in a wide range of industries, including banking, real estate investment and development, renewable energy and solar, mobile telephony, mobile phone re-manufacturing, semiconductor manufacturing, and internet commerce.
Prior to running his own law firm, Mr. Ruiz worked at several multinational and regional law firms in the San Francisco Bay Area where he represented middle market and publically traded companies as a complex business litigation attorney.
Away from his law office, Ruben enjoys hiking and exploring in the San Cruz Mountains. He is also an avid grappler and holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- S. District Court for the Easter District of California
- S. District Court for the Central District of California
- American Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
Awards and Distinctions
- Symposium Editor, Santa Clara Computer and High Technology Journal
- Law Faculty Scholarship, Santa Clara University School of Law
- William Fulbright Scholar, The Netherlands
- Graduate Teaching Fellowship, University of Oregon
- Walther and Nancy Kidd Tutorial Fellowship